Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, June 13, 2016

fossicking around in the flea market ......



If you love foraging around in flea markets
you would love this wonderful old place
known to the French as " Les Puces de St-Ouen"
It was featured in the film "Midnight in Paris"
and I SO loved my visit there



a wealth of bric-a-brac
objet d'art - paintings framed in gorgeous
gold antique surrounds - old books - letters - buttons
The stall holders were more than happy
to let me photograph their wares
which of course  - made my day !!










Linking with



9 comments:

Taste of France said...

So many pretty things. That flea market gets the creme de la creme.

Paulita said...

I love your angles. It does look like a fabulous place to wander around. Thanks for sharing.
I have a new Dreaming of France post up if you want to play along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Paulita said...

P.S. - I'd never heard the word fossicking, so I looked it up and I guess it's an Australian/New Zealand word

Margaret Adamson said...

Looks like a few gems there.

Jackie @travelnwrite said...

A fun tour - I too, had not known the word, fossicking. Learned something new today!

Wandering Wren said...

From one old fossicker to another "bravo" on such a delightful post!
Wren x

Photo Cache said...

So many beautiful things. I love the way you photograph things.

Worth a Thousand Words

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Un très joli billet. J'ai beaucoup aimé me rendre un jour aux Puces de Saint-Ouen. J'y avais même fait l'acquisition d'un magnifique cheval de manège qui trône dans mon entrée...

Merci pour ce délicieux partage.

Gros bisous 🌺

Esme said...

Les Puces is so fun to walk around and see what you may find.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...