Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, June 5, 2015

night skies over le marais .......


 
 
Oh! how I love to see the rain drenched cobbled lanes of Paris
gleaming and throwing reflections that light up little
normally insignificant areas

snatched on my trusty mobile
on our way home from dinner at a gorgeous little French brasserie
"La Gallopin" where we dined on real French faire

French onion soup
 coq-au-vin 
  trilogy of crème brulee
 
 
 
linking with

9 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful shot. Has a mysterious quality to it!

Sylvia K said...

Ah, beautiful shot indeed and mysterious, too!! I do believe you are enjoying your time in France -- I know that I did when I was there!! Great shot for the day and thanks for sharing!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous shot! Has a nice atmosphere with the rain and lights.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a romantic glow of light. Quite mystical.

s.c said...

Interesting shot as an impressionistic painting.

Erica Sta said...

I come from Skywatch Friday to look at your post ... Fantastic scene, fantastic mood! I'm sure you got a delicious evening.

Cheers, Heidrun

Joyful said...

Loving the mood in this photo. I think Paris must be a very romantic city even in the rain. Perhaps more so in the rain.

La Petite Gallery said...

What a lovely diner. You have an Artist's eye my Dear.
Everything in Paris is wonderful. yvonne

Life Images by Jill said...

I love the reflections Diane. and the meal sounds wonderful, especially as it was had in Paris!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...