Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, May 1, 2015

Vincent ........




~    blue skies over Provence   ~
 
these captures were taken in the back-yard of
St-Paul de Mausole Asylum near St Remy
where Vincent Van Gogh convalesced in 1889
 
During that time he painted many beautiful landscapes
and as you can see in the pic above the lavender
is just starting to colour up and I can imaging Vincent
standing at his window above with paintbrush at the ready.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a great place and beautiful skies as well!! Thanks for sharing, as always, Dianne!! Have a lovely weekend!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I like the fact that Van Gogh was there there many years ago. Love his works. Beautiful shots!

My Life in the Charente said...

I love Van Gogh's earlier paintings but not his later ones.

Wish we had those blue skies here today, it just keeps raining!!
Have a good day Diane

Jean Berryessa said...

Longing for a trip back to France to see things I missed on my other trips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...