Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, March 3, 2015

dog-eared and crumpled .......



 
wonderful old used and antiquarian books are to found
in the tiny dark green bouquinist stalls along le Seine.
 
***********
 
I could spend many happy hours thumbing through
delicate crumpled dog-eared pages
pondering not only on the story contained in the book
but the story of the book itself
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
linking with
 


11 comments:

ann nz said...

I wish I had these crumbled albums of postcards. My Dad went to England when I was a kid, he sent postcards back to us, as a teenager, I assembled them nicely,

Alas, I went abroad,
Alas mum and dad went abroad to another country.
They had tenants from hell.
Termites came and ruin everything.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh the stories those vintage 'crumbles' could tell ~ creative shots!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Photo Cache said...

beautiful captures.

Stephanie said...

Lovely captures.

Kusum Sanu said...

Reading crumbles is always very interesting and enjoyable! Love these pictures!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

My favourite kind of shop. Love to browse for hours !
Lovely pictures.

carolann said...

That would be interesting to say the least. Nice pictures of the post cards.

I missed to post . I posted on my blog now but the entry was closed.

Mari said...

I also like old yellowish pages, dog eared pages. These pictures are very beautiful.

Barb said...

I like your photos - very charming.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cool photos! I'm glad that are people willing to purchase very dog-eared, crumbling books and give them homes.
Take 25 to Hollister

Life Images by Jill said...

I hope to go back to Paris one day and have more time to spend doing things like this. Perhaps I should rent an apartment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...