Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Blue Shutters - Lace Curtains ........

 
spotted in a village in Brittany   ~
 
Nothing is prettier than the wonderful faded and paint-peeled shutters
in French villages ... I hope no one ever decides to sand and repaint
it would diminish there quaint rustic character
 
...............................................
 
 
Something in me wants to lift that planter box
and plant afresh with little white trailing daisies
with just a touch of soft dusty pink
 
 
 
 
 
Linking with



7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Thanks for reminding me of my wonderful memories of villages in France, Dianne!! Love your pics for the day!!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh I do love the window photos! Lovely blues ~ great photography so creative! for OWT ~ thanks!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Stephanie said...

I do the like the second image the best.

Photo Cache said...

I love doors and windows. I collect photos of them and when I travel I seek them out. This window is very charming.

Worth a Thousand Words

Fun60 said...

A fresh coat of paint just wouldn't work really.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I agree -- no buffing up the gorgeous shutters and the growing of daisies in that planter box. Very magical.
Take 25 to Hollister

Stephanie said...

I love those turquoisy colored shutters in the one shut. This begs to me as a painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...