Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Beurre Bosc Pears ......


 
Is there anything more French than beautiful
beurre-bosc pears
 
..................................................
 

I have noted them in still life paintings
through-out the centuries
 They always sit so well and those little crinkly rustic stems
must be an artists delight
 

 
Just for your interest
the Beurre means buttery and
 Bosc is the name of a French Naturalist 
L. Bosc d"Antic
 
 
Linking with

10 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Creative pear shots ~ very classic and yes very francais! merci!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Sylvia K said...

Creative and beautiful they are indeed!! I love them!! Hope your week is off to a great start!! Enjoy!

Arija said...

Ha, ha, I have a painting of them in my kitchen. My daughter gave it to me after Ash Wednesday when we had none at all. I really treasure it.
Love that first shot. For a moment I was astonished at the handwriting in the recipe book, it looks so my like my daughter's when she is trying to be legible.

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

La saison des poires et des pommes entre en scène...
Un très joli billet.

Gros bisous♡

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Yes, so often seen in an old still life painting.
The photos of the pears are lovely.
Happy week
hugs
Carolyn

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The pears are beautiful Dianne - I love them too!

Katrin Klink said...

Your pictures are a delight, too!

Vagabonde said...

I have never tried pears in butter. I see you speak French, so I’ll tell you that one of my favorite pear dishes is Poire Belle Hélène: “La poire belle Hélène est un dessert à base de poires pochées dans un sirop et nappées de chocolat chaud accompagné d'une glace à la vanille." Have you ever tested it? I like it best when the sauce is made with bitter chocolate.

Dianne said...

Vagabonde:- it sounds delicious especially with bitter chocolate. I must try the recipe. Thank you for your kind comments

NC Sue said...

Mmmmm! Looks yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...