Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, February 24, 2013

Les Macarons .....



~   Angelina's  Rue Rivoli   ~
( Favourite tea-rooms of Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel )


Paris is home to those wonderful little delicacies Les Macarons
with a slight crunch on the first bite leading into a soft sweet centre.
Created in the most amazing flavours
Pistache - Fleur d'Oranger - Violette - Framboise
my very favourite Caramel fleur-de-sel (salted caramel)

They say that French patissièrs lay awake at night
they can't sleep because they are dreaming up ways to
bake the very best macarons in all of Paris.

I kind of like that !

Linking with
Weekly Top Shot

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

HansHB said...

Lovely photo!
And, great Macarons.
Paris is the best place to buy these cakes!

Madge Bloom said...

Oh so lovely... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #71!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I'm longing for one right now!! They look delicious!! Great shot for the day, Dianne!! Hope your weekend is going well!!

Kay said...

This shot fills me with longing! I fell in love with these in Paris and haven't found any in the U.S. to equal them. The next time I visit I intend to sample many more flavors!

Nita Davis said...

Nice shot, they look and sound very tasty!

Clara said...

@ KAy, in new York you have some really good french contenders for exquisite macarons as well now, like Ladurée or Mille feuille...

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I am a victim of the love affair with macarons, and have spent untold hours documenting and noting every success and failure, in the mode of an analytic scientist.

Happily, most of my macaron adventures now are successes. We say that the shortcomings are "family macarons." (still delicious, but not perfect!)

Bises,
Genie

Cezar and Léia said...

Hmmmm, un peu plus tard... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Louise said...

Such a pretty display! I love Angelina's and macarons too.

Tanya Breese said...

they look almost too pretty to eat!

She Who Carries Camera said...

I've always wanted to taste one...they look divine, and I'm a Cookie Monster!

martinealison said...

J'adore les macarons... vendredi encore j'en ai dégustés des fameux !...
gros bisous

Paulita said...

What a lovely, simply photo. Yummy too. Hope you'll play along with my Dreaming of France meme on Monday. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Pearl said...

beautifully framed!

Virginia said...

I"ve never been inside Angelina's. SHAME ON ME! This lovely display makes me want one or two with my coffee this morning.
V

Doronette NF said...

so delicious!
FRAMBOISE - That's my best taste ever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...