Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, November 16, 2012

Reflections At La Roque .......




La Roque Gareac is a fortified village located in the Aquitaine area of South West France
where these little flat bottom boats called "Gabarres" take tourists along the beautiful Dordogne River

We had just returned from our cruise when I looked behind to see the trailing Gabarre
 almost completely reflected and so I snapped these shots to share on

"James' Weekend Reflections"



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Fantastic photo, love this shot. Have a good weekend. Diane

Sylvia K said...

What a wonderful looking place! I would so enjoy being on one of those boats!! Terrific captures for the day, Dianne! Hope you have a great weekend!

Taken For Granted said...

What a wonderful place. I will put this on my list of things to do the next time I'm in France.

HansHB said...

Lovely photos! Great reflections!

'Tsuki said...

The place is stunning ! I just love the "troglodyte" houses in the background...

Jo said...

Stunning,stunning,stunning!!!

Malyss said...

wonderful choice!the reflection is great and the surrounding so interesting!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Your photos of the Dordogne River are so beautiful and peaceful.
I loved the Aquitaine area and when we there in January it looked so different without any leaves on the trees.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

These are lovely images of the Dordogne - so pretty with the reflections.
I'm thrilled to see you are post French photos again - welcome back.
I'm off to read the earlier posts!!
Shane ♥

Audrey said...

superbe endroit !

Valerie said...

Magnifique!

James said...

Wonderful reflections! The Dordogne looks amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...