Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mr Hemingway perhaps? .....




"It was a pleasant cafe, warm and clean and friendly
I hung up my tattered coat on the rack to dry
and ordered a coffee - the waiter brought it and I took out a notebook
 from the pocket of the coat and a pencil and I started to write"
                                                                   Ernest Hemingway




This wonderful old Brasserie decorated in the Belle Epoque style
with brass hooks and coat racks and deep rich mohogany walls
reminded me SO much of the quote by Ernest Hemingway
I couldn't help but take out my point-and-shoot
and capture that old weathered coat.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What terrific captures and Hemingway's quote is perfect!! You do find the wonderful shots -- whatever part of the world you're in, Dianne! Hope your week is going well!

Nathalie said...

Indeed! Quote and coat go so well together!

Herm said...

Un autre café noir et deux petit gâteau, s'il vous plaît. Nous allons rester plus longtemps

Draffin Bears said...

Welcome back Dianne, and so wonderful that you had a great trip.
Love the photos and the quote, by Mr Hemingway.

Happy Wednesday
hugs
Carolyn

La Brocanteuse said...

O yes, this must be like it was...
Thank you for the moment! Colette x

martinealison said...

Tout comme vous j'aime bien l'atmosphère de ces brasseries ou des vieux bouchons, comme nous avons à Lyon...
Belles photos.

Gros bisous.

vicki archer said...

Look at that bread! That is too much temptation for me this morning... :) xv

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

The quote is just perfect for that photo and the coat. That bread looks yummy as French bread always does :-)
Keep well Diane

Virginia said...

Oh I love these two photographs. I just want to sit here and "wallow" around in them. I too love the old coat and that basket of bread made me weak. I may have to borrow M. Hemingway's quote sometime.
Bises
V

Caramella said...

What a lovely atmosphere I can feel from the picture. J'adore la France aussi! I am learning French:) I am following you from Rome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...