Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Splash Of Red......

~ Plaza Athenee     Avenue Montaigne ~

 Signature red awnings and red geraniums trailing over
delicate lace ironwork balconies
Red - Red - Red
or as the French would say
La Belle Rouge!

I love catching the splash of red amongst
the rich green of the chesnut trees

Posted by Picasa


Bienvenue chez French Girl in Seattle... said...

Gorgeous indeed but this can be said about all of avenue Montaigne... Have you ever seen a movie named "Fauteuil d'Orchestre" (Avenue Montaigne in English) with Cecile de France? It is excellent... Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Sylvia K said...

La Belle Rouge indeed! What a beautiful, colorful and delightful place! And what superb capture, Dianne! I love it! Hope your week is going well!


~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Im been looking at all your photos so Beautiful. Yes La Belle Rouge indeed sweet. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescapes and becoming a follower on my blog. I follow you now also. I hope you have a great week.
XXOO Diane

Ink and Aquarelle said...

Your photos are beautiful!! I too love France and the French language.

Europewalker said...

I miss Paris, I have been wanting to go back for another visit. If I could I would love to live there. I love your blog!

Georgianna said...

Gosh, DIanne, Lovely composition. I think red is the signature color there indeed. I've seen photos taken from the balconies At Plaza Athenee here but not the red awnings with the red floral baskets. What a place! But I'm sure not in my budget! :)

Gunn said...

This looks like a very stylish place!
Nice image!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...