Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Saturday, July 30, 2011

Views Along La Seine....



The top view looks across La Seine towards the beautiful Grand Palais with it's exquiste
Belle-Opoque glass domed roof - On the right side of the building is the
magnificent Georges Recipon's sculpture "Galloping Horses"

The beautiful gilded statue atop the pillar  is entitled "Fame of Agriculture" 
It is one of four gracing the elegant Pont Alexandre iii
So much beauty in one small snapshot!

...........................................


The bottom view was taken from the Musee d'Orsay terrace
with a view across the river, to the Ecole du Louvre section of the Musee Du Louvre
Student attending this prestigious educational facility can take classes which include
Histoire de l'art - Archelogie - Anthropologie -Museologie
Can you imagine learning right there within La Louvre?

The pont leading off to the left bank is the Pont Royal






Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Thank you as always for sharing your views!

Sylvia K said...

Ah, you do bring back the memories with your posts about Paris! I do treasure my memories of my trip down the Seine and your photos stirred them again! Delightful, Dianne! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Pierre BOYER said...

I love Paris !
Have a marvelous day...

Pierre
http://pierre-boyer.blogspot.com/

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

The Seine is such a pretty river and I loved seeing your wonderful photos of the magnificent places of beauty around Paris.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

ParisBreakfasts said...

La Seine...
La Seine...
What a seductress!
Takes my breath away
merci
carolg

Suzi said...

Views of Paris I never tire of -- Pont Alexandre iii is my favourite bridge in Paris. I love it's Grandeur. You know this visit I didnt study it the same as I had hoped. I am so glad I have your lovely photos to remind me.
To study in paris -- can you imagine. I need to find something to study in Paris , and excuse , any excuse. x

Mariette said...

Dearest Dianne,

Lovely photos from the Seine and its many architectural marvels alongside...
Enjoy a lovely Sunday!

Mariette

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Love the many layers of that first photo! What a vista and viewpoint

When I visit the museums and historical sites of Paris, I am longing to sit beside the children and gain the knowledge first-hand.

Bises,
Genie

Reader Wil said...

Beautiful photos! I have once been in Paris with my mum. It was in 1961. I had a French penfriend, who corrected my letters. She send me lots of photos of Paris. I take it that you often go to Paris. For some reason I often went to London. And my husband and I loved to go to Scandinavia. It's a pity that we cannot be in more places at the same time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...