Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, May 2, 2011

Walking through vines in the Vaucluse.........


 Modѐne Village    Vaucluse

Looking across vineyards to the pretty picturesque
hill-top village of Crillon-le-Brave
and in the far distance Mont Ventoux
commonly know as "The Giant of Provence"
made legendary as one of the most gruelling climbs in the Tour- De- France.
In 1967 British cyclist Tom Simpson sadly died here from heat exhaustion
whilst competing in the event and there is now a memorial
to him near the summit

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

joanna said...

I drool every time I come to visit Dianne! your photos are so pretty!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I can see I've still got a lot of travelling in France - I haven't bee to Vaucluse!
Avignon - yes and absolutely love it.
Another of your beautiful places added to my list thank you Dianne.
Shane x

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Your photographs are wonderful and I hope you got to have a little tasting of the wine.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Kathy said...

I've been to the top of Ventoux many times ... we often holiday near by! Love your pics ... they give me my 'French" fix!
xxx

Delana said...

Oh it looks so lush. Right now the vines are just sprouting their first leaves. Always a hopeful sign!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Stunning photo. Diane

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

What a lush green view with that grueling challenge of a mountain in the background and the verdant grape vines in the foreground.

This vision makes for a great start of the week!

Bises,
Genie

Cezar and Léia said...

A beautiful postcard, very well composed!
Léia

Aris Whittier said...

I've always wanted to own a vineyard...too bad I live in the mountians! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...