Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, April 14, 2011

Strolling up Rue Monge.....



Rue Monge is one of those Parsian streets that you walk up slowly
especially with 1 large suitcase in tow!
.................. 

I commenced my walk at Boulevard Saint-Germain
duly noting the delectable "Eric Kayser" artisan boulangerie on the right
and Cafe Le Barnum on my left
At the corner of Rue des Ecoles  I passed a wonderful fleurist
"L'ile aux Fleurs" with big buckets of flowers spilling out onto the street
filling the morning air with their sweet perfume

Further up the "Arenes de Lutece" that amazing outdoor amphitheatre
built by The Romans in the 1st century AD.
A film company were filming and made many repeat shoots
 of children running onto the centre carrying huge bundles of colourful baloons.
I though it all looked so perfect but the producer would yell coupé
and then start all over again.

 Finally arriving at my destination the lovely -Hotel Acte V-  for a 1 night stopover
before moving, with my sister and her husband, into a studio in the 7th.







6 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour!
Great pictures and you have found beautiful red details there.
I like so much those reflections in the first composition.They gave a feeling of motion there, awesome!
bisous
Léia

Paris Pastry said...

Suitcase in tow or not, I would walk down Rue Monge any day!

Sylvia K said...

Ah, I do agree with Paris Pastry! Suitcase or not I would very happily walk down Rue Monge any day! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Shell Sherree said...

Such gorgeous scenery ~ and I hope the suitcase had good wheels. Wishing you a beautiful weekend, Dianne.

Virginia said...

Dianne,
Wonderful memories pour moi et toi! :)
V

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Such happy memories for me too, walking around Saint Germain to find Laduree where we had lunch.

Hugs
Carolyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...