Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hotel Plaza Athenée on Avenue Montaigne......

~ lavish lush and luxurious ~
this elegant establishment is where the worlds rich and famous
come to be pampered.
........................
A state of timeless elegance pervades,
from the white gloved attendant who spins the revolving door,
to the stylish concierge forever at your service,
 to the "Louis xv"  decor of the Alain Ducasse 5 star restaurant.

I particularly love the unique art-nouveau canopy shading the main entrance door
which opens onto Avenue Montaigne - home to  the ~crѐme de la crѐme~ of Parisian haute-couture
Christian Dior - Chanel - Gucci - Nina Ricci
and if you're into shoes - Jimmy Choo
selling everything from black leather sequined pumps to beige studded suede boots.
I love to walk this street- and I adore window shopping
but the most I have bought are perfumes from Christian Dior
That made my heart sing!


It's lovely to snatch these glimpses into the windows of the world's elite
but at the end of the day I'm more than happy to climb the narrow rickety stairs
 to the left bank studio - crumbled quiche and citron tarte in hand.
Je suis  trés contente!

9 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

wow life with elegance, and for sure I imagine how they are pampered there!
** Love your idea about b&w, beautiful shots!
Léia

Divine Theatre said...

For us peasants, the world of the elite will always be black and white. I like my colorful world best too!

xoxo
Andie

Peter said...

As you, I think I prefer my little flat, compared to th suite I visited recently at the Ritz, especially concidering the 13000€ / night! :-)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

The black and white photos you have taken are wonderful.
I too loved walking down this street and yes, I am like you happy to walk along some of the back streets where life seems more interesting.

Happy Wednesday
Hugs
Carolyn

Suzi said...

I love your post today! Yes it is lovely to see how the " other half" live but it is also so nice to see it for what it is and just be content. X

Diane said...

Wow! It looks even more elegant in black and white too. xxxx

vicki archer said...

I agree Dianne....just a wander past this beautiful establishment can make the heart sing....Lovely shots, xv.

Trotter said...

Hi Dianne! That's a fabulous one... ;)

I’ll be out next week, but Blogtrotter Two has something new for you... Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend and week ahead!!

Hélène Flont ✿Fine Art said...

Bonjour de France!!

I know how much you love Paris Dianne. I found very recently a link from a french painter who depict Paris beautifully.

http://parisenpeinture.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...