Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, March 21, 2011

Croissants & Clocks on Rue Cler......



"Changement de Directions" is a bustling Boulangerie, situated on that quaint
foodie street Rue Cler right round the corner from where I was staying.

On the walls are clocks showing the time from around the world which is a
nice touch especially when you are far from home.
...........................................

They make the best croissants and baguettes on the street
believe me I tried them all and you must not leave Paris
until you have eaten one of their delicious pain- au- chocolat.
It is the single pastry that is the embodiment of all that is French Vienoiserie
and must be purchased freshly baked (that means rising early in the morning)
and dipped ever so lightly in a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Delicious .. I think I know where you mean .. and I love Rue Cler .. spend many a day there ..♥

Suzi said...

Bonjour Dianne,
What a wonderful area to stay in Paris. This time I am in the Latin Quarter in the 6th - very close to the Luxenburg gardens...I just simply am counting the days. xx

bonne journée
Suzi

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Mouth watering :-))) Diane

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

What a gorgeous boulangerie! I always get so much pleasure from looking at images of bakeries and their goods..

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh gosh it reminds me that I must stop eating croissants! hehehe I've got 6 kg since I'm living here!

I'm addict about croissants.
Hmmm maybe I would change to brioches! yesssssssss!
:)
This picture is very beautiful!
Léia

lila Check said...

Delicious ...will check this place out when in Paris.
Love your blog sooooo much!
hugs
lila

Sylvia K said...

Ah, made it this time, Dianne! Love your blog and I also love croissants and Paris and "all things French"! Look forward to seeing more of your pics! Hope your week is off to a great start!

Sylvia

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Seeing these delicious pastries reminds me of Laos. I had the best French croissants there.
Bon appetit!

HMN said...

You had me at pain au chocolat!I enjoy your blog so much. I am obsessed with France. My husband and I are planning to visit the places our ancestors were from. Our first stop will be La Rochelle!

chateaudelille said...

Cant wait to go to Paris again and see all these wonderful places you feature. Fiona

Georgianna said...

Hi Dianne, Oh, we didn't make it to Rue Cler this time but now I know exactly where to go for pain au chocolate! I've noted your recommendation for the next trip! – g

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...