Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Walking the Red carpet....



This is where it all happens
"Festival du Film de Cannes"
where the Palme D"Or - the festivals highest prize is awarded.
It felt very special to be standing at the entrance door
thinking of the many famous people who have walked
up the red carpet and through these very same doors.

...............
Orson Wells
Jane Campion
Quentin Tarantino
Francis Ford Coppola
Martin Scorsese
the list goes on....

I hope you like the reflections - they give a glimpse of
the mediterranean setting




people continually visit the auditorium to have their photo taken
standing on the Red Carpet
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

First of all I need to say I'm enchanted by your "favourite roses", the pictures in your sidebar, outstanding!
And the first shot here is awesome, with very clear reflections!
Bravo!
Léia

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

You make me feel as if I have been there! I know that you were stunning as you walked up those steps and so very gracious when you accepted your award...

Bisous,
Genie

SoozNooz said...

Ahh.... I can now say I have been to Cannes and sipped champagne like a movie star! Lovely x

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Great post and that first photo is just amazing. Diane

Australienne Home said...

I'll get there one day...

Rhiannan xxx

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

How wonderful that you got to be the movie star and walk up the red carpet.
Fun post and loved having a glimpse of where all the famous people attend the Festival du Film de Cannes

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Delana said...

The last time I was in Cannes, was a horrific night in a cheap hotel along the highway. Geez...it didn't look anything like that!

Trotter said...

Orson Welles! Unbeatable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...