Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, December 5, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things.......

(Les tournesols)
Just a few of my favourite things from beautiful Paris
~ pretty fleuristes with flowers spilling out onto the pavement ~



Elegant architecture especially those opulent Grey mansard roofs
with little dormer windows.
(the little attic rooms at the very top were often used as maids quarters
can you imagine the view they would have, looking out over Paris)



Laduree on the corner of Rue Bonepart & Rue Jacob
macarons in every flavour presented in prettily decorated boxes
Pistache ~ framboise ~ chocolat
Did you know that they also sell a collection of lovely room sprays & atomisers.
in the photo above you can see them displayed
Delice (Green) Othelo (black) Paeva (violet) Armandine (white)
This is how they describe my favourite
~ Caprice~ (pink)
"Laduree imagines a sweet & soft perfume evoking a garden
full of roses in the heat of Summer
A pale & bewitching rose, both delicate & voluptuous
Caprice is a bunch of roses, dressing up our interiors
in it's delicate & romantic wake"
Now how could I resist!!


Gateaux of every description
Berries lightly frosted with confectioners sugar.
Flan de peche or flan de pomme.
everything presented with attention to detail.
mmm.....
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

They are also my favourite things too.
Laduree also sell beautiful candles, I have one in a ceramic pot and it is lovely.
The sunflowers are pretty too.

Hope that you have had a lovely weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Passione Helena said...

What a wonderful atmosphere I find here this morning!

This could also just be my favorites.It all looks so fantastic, romantic, and delicious! Beautiful pictures!
I would like to taste this atmosphere ..

I wish you a very nice day,
Dear greetings, Helena

"All things French" said...

Carolyn- The candles in ceramis pots sound gorgeous !!

Helena - Thank you for dropping by my blog - I Love to hear from new followers.

My Carolina Kitchen said...

These are some of my favorite things too Diane, especially the lovely gateaux. I could stand in front of that lovely shop window, completely mesmerized by the beauty, all day.
Sam

Fleurette said...

Hello ma dear Dianne,I adore Ladurée.......very,very much:))
Have a nice Sunday
Hugs
Fleurette

La Table De Nana said...

Ladurée would be on my list:) You really have so much to show us..the photos are just right for your blog:)

Cezar and Léia said...

The sunflowers and French pastries feel so warming... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Carla said...

You would love to be in Paris now.. It snowed on the weekend. So beautiful. Lovely photos, the cakes are divine. carla

TK said...

that description of 'Caprice' reads like a poem....truly lovely, TK xx

Kellie Collis said...

My list of favorite things has just grown. I'm loving them too! Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx

Nisha said...

Dianne,

I must say, they are also my favourite things too.

The photos make me go there again. Thank you for sharing.

myfrenchkitchen said...

Dianne...you must have an amazing amount of photos!! these are so beauiful...and reading about these macarons..I have to go ge vegetables for tonight asnd now you have me stopping for macarons on my way...my favourite being pistache.
Lovely post.
bisous
Ronelle

Kathy said...

Your photographs are so beautiful Dianne, they make me long to be back there! It's the little details I love the most ... the flowers, the cakes, the beautiful shop windows. They do everything so well!
Love Kathy xxx

Dumbwit Tellher said...

It must be so hard to choose just a few of your favorite things in wonderful Paris? What you chose Dianne are all fabulous.

Sending you much holiday cheer from Texas.

x Deb

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Oh, Dianne, that Laduree is just across from the hotel where I stayed in June. What a lovely street... diagonally from Laduree is a fun bistrot from whose café chairs, I enjoyed La Fête de la Musique.

When I left a day ago, Paris was covered with snow... brrrrr!

Esme said...

These desserts look so good-I just bought their cookbook when I was in Paris-time to start baking.

martinealison said...

Je me suis agréablement promenée dans votre blog... les deux même... J'y ai passé un bon moment. J'y ai reconnu des lieux... des souvenirs me sont réapparus...
Merci,
Gros bisous

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...