Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chanel on Avenue Montaigne.....


Strolling elegant Avenue Montaigne gives me such a buzz!
it's known as
~La Grande Dame~ of French Rues
I'm always looking out for famous faces
entering or exiting one of the many fashion houses
Christian Dior~ Chanel~ Valentino.
What a way to spend a day!!

Chanel had their windows decked out
in classic Black & White with lots of
beautiful bangles and beads

Oh! and not to mention
bags and scarves ~ Bien Sur~


across the way in the reflections, you can see
Versace with their pretty little cream
canopies over the doors & windows
~tres elegant~


One of the most impressive facades
belongs to this gorgeous shop ~Paul & Joe~
as I entered in through the lovely
wrought iron gates
& through ~une petite jardin~
I couldn't help but be overawed by the
beautiful entrance area
Delicate chandeliers~ antique mirrors
peach colouring so.. soft & pretty
................
One of the biggest jewellery robberies
of recent times
occured in this very street. Apparently the thieves
got away with over US $100 million !!
in diamond rings neclaces & luxury watches.
The investigators suspected it to be a theft
by the infamous Pink Panthers.
Sounds like something out of a movie.

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

Hee, I didn't realise there really was a gang of Pink Panthers. Not that I should admire such things, of course ~ but I love the name. Those paper decorations in the Chanel windows are gorgeous ~ I wonder what happens to them when they are pulled down. I'd volunteer to take them off their hands in an instant!

"All things French" said...

Hi Shell ~ I'd gladly help you with the decorations ~ they're gorgeous ~ too nice to throw away.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wow it's all about ELEGANT WAY of LIFE!
Amazing shop windows, so beautiful!And you also have captured adorable reflections there, your pictures are fabulous!
hugs and a nice Tuesday
Léia

My Carolina Kitchen said...

To be able to stroll along there and shop in the elegant stores. That's living "la bonne vie".
Sam

TK said...

I pose a very important question....can a girl have too much Chanel??? - non!!!

La Table De Nana said...

I noticed the auvent in the skirt right away..:) Did you see the movie of Coco Chanel with Audrey Tautou?

LOVED it!

myfrenchkitchen said...

I'm a Chanel fan...love the perfume, Coco Chanel and I love their bags too. And yes, Rue Montaigne delivers a fair amount of celebs having thier coffee at the corner there or shooping of course...
bises
Ronelle

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I'm just starting to read the new Coco Chanel by Justine Picardie. What a fascinating woman! J'adore Chanel!

Debi

J Bar said...

I love the setting of that bench.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

"All things French" said...

TK :- I agree the answer to your question is definitely NON!!

La Table de Nana:- yes Monique I did see that lovely movie & I so loved Audrey Tautou in the role of Coco.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Ugh, just so stunning- just found your blog!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Dianne, I am such a fan of the windows of the fine boutiques in Paris. J'adore Channel classic perfumes!

Bises,
Genie

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Isn't that a wonderful street to walk down.
I love your beautiful photos and Chanel's window displays are always so amazing.
I hope that you are having a lovely week

Hugs
Carolyn

Dumbwit Tellher said...

So fascinating about the jewelry heist. Your photographic stroll past Chanel just makes a girl sing!! Wishing you a lovely Wed. evening and thank you for the smile Dianne.

xo Deb

✿ Hélène Flont ✿ said...

Bonjour Dianne!! Thank you for your visit "à l'atelier Flont".
To respond to you regarding the "H" at the bottom of my post, I used it from a pattern on this webpage:
http://abc-machine-embroidery.com/%2FVictorian-Whitework-Font-embroidery-designs-P7311.aspx.....
and then transformed the letter by photoshop .
I can do it for you if you wish, with the "D" or an another letter .
A bientôt!!!

Chaleureusement votre chère Dianne !!
✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

Paula said...

here is so many inspirations!

have a nice time,
Paula

red ticking said...

dianne... loving this post.... thank you for sharing.... xx

chateaudelille said...

Oh how I love your pics.So many great ideas and inspiration. Love all the jewellry with the black and white and the formal gardens in the last one!Have a great week, Fiona

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...