Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Brandied or Glace... Cumquats or Oranges...


Two years ago I recieved a lovely Christmas gift from my
eldest daughter & her family.
A beautiful terracotta pot with potting mix
and a little cumquat tree




Today I am certainly reaping the reward of this prolific
fruiting tree ~ which as I type has about 60 golden
orange fruit hanging from it's branches
They look like baubles on a Christmas tree.

On a recent trip to our local Central market
I saw "Glace Cumquats" selling at A$60.- per Kilo
now that's expensive! so decided to try
my hand at replicating these little treasures & Voila!!




seeing I was on a roll I tried the same with
orange slices ~ they are divine!
I have been told that cut in half & dipped
in good quality chocolate is even better.




A decadent way to use them is placing atop
ice-cream ~ chocolate cake or
pretty as a picture glistening
on cheese & fruit platters.

Last Christmas I filled little jars with Brandied~Cumquats
This year pretty glace fruits.


the French word glace means
glazed or frosted
and these fruits certainly
have that lovely frosty look about them.
Enjoy!!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Julie said...

Merci, Dianne.
J'irai à la leçon française maintenant.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Hi Dianne, we spell them Kumquats here but I know that both spellings are acceptable. They are plentiful where I live as are satsumas (think sweet tangerines) and oranges. The kumquats make a delicious marmelade as well. Your photos made my mouth water, bien sûr!

Bises,
Genie

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Cumquat or Kumquats, are delicious. We had a small tree in S.Africa. When we make the final move to France I hope to buy both that and a lemon tree. They will though have to be looked after inside during winter. Diane

Shell Sherree said...

Your little tree is brimming and beautiful, Dianne, and congrats on being adventurous in the kitchen. They look wonderful!

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour chère Dianne!
Your first composition is magnificent!So vibrant colours and delicious "stuffs"!
Hmmm it reminds me that I LOVE "confiture à l'orange", delicious!
bises
Léia

SoozNooz said...

Oh my these look delicious! x

Gunn said...

That looks both nice and YUMMY!

mice_aliling said...

They look utterly sumptuous!

www.micealiling.com

faith f. said...

Lovely and juicy and I always look forward to your blog *clap clap* ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...