Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, October 7, 2010

What makes your heart sing?....


I simply love to shop! & I'm never happier than when
I'm in "Lotions & Potions" ~ a little dab of this, a little dab of that.
smoothing on lovely scented hand-creams and silky lotions
whafts of deep warm oriental Pablo~ Picasso
or a spitz of pretty soft spring Miss Dior Cherie
This is where my heart sings ~ I love it all !
..................
Which begs the question
If I lost you in Paris--where would I find you?
would I find you with your nose buried deep into the musty covers
of some antiquated novel ~over at "Shakespear & Co" on the left bank?

or maybe searching throught shelves in ~Louis Vuitton~
sniffing the soft scents of leather and searching for
that illusive bag to rival all bags??


or trying on shoes at~Christian Louboutin~
Oh! I love the red talons -no no! the white with Louis heel
are these too big ?? plus petit s'il vous plait!
Merci Madame


possibly you're happy as a lark in kitchen gadgets
mixers, grinders, stirrers, scrapers
platters, big deep bowls in bold patterns?

Or did I catch you quietly slipping into ~La Paperie~
checking out those pretty little note-books with magnet clasps
soft chintz papers with butterflies pinks & lavenders
delicate little pewter photo frames
sheer bliss!!


Or would you have travelled further afield across to that
little foodie heaven "Stohrer's" and have your eyes
peeled to the window ~ checking out the detail
of every petit gateau mmmm!
................
maybe you're sitting quietly at a cafe on the ~Avenue Montaigne~
a lovely frothy cafe creme with a heart on top
people watching! soaking up the ambiance
wondering is that Johnny & Vanessa at the next table
I'm sure it is ~ must text the kids !!

Tell me ~What makes your heart sing ?

If I lost you in Paris ~ Where would I find you ??
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

ParisBreakfasts said...

I LOVE to hang out in perfume departments and spritz BEAR until he's fed up with it all :)
It's a free-for-all in France I can't believe...
merci
carolg

La Table De Nana said...

I think I would be in a few places..Ladurée..Les Galeries Lafayette..Montmartre..but first..

E. Dehillerin♥

Maybe all the places Diane of 2 Stews has recommended..then on a TGV to visit some very nice people:)

But I must admit your perfume bottles make my heart sing~

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Yes, to all the places you've mentioned-they are all favorites, but you would probably find me in one of the museums more often than not. So much richness, so much history. I'll never spend enough time there.

Oh, and Versailles, don't get me started....

Debi

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

What would make my heart sing? Just to be in Paris and looking around the shops, perfume, kitcheware, walking along the streets and yes, looking in the fabulous gateaux shop windows.
Oh how lucky to see Johnny and Vanessa, that would make my day.

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

"All things French" said...

Carol:- oh! mt goodness poor little bear ~ hope he's not allergic.

Monique:- I had never heard of E Dehillerin before but now I've googled it and what an amazing shop.

Debi:- Yes! it's a city of many museums and I could easily loose you for a week or more!

Carolyn:- You love it all ~ so I would need to go hippety hop from one shop to another but I might just find you at the cafe with Johnny & Vanessa.

Cezar and Léia said...

Those bottles are magnificent,an ode to elegance!
I've already done a post about weekend reflections with pictures from this Lois Vuitton, and the reflections of the wonderful " Avenue des Champs-Élysées".Ahhh the romantic Paris!
Hugs
Léia

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH THOSE PUMPS ARE DIVINE! Diane, thank you for coming to see our boot collection! Yep, I fear those thigh-high boots would cut off my circulation since my THIGHS are the biggest thing on my body! I would have to peel them off or cut them! :)

Thank you for coming and your post is gorgeous; what makes my heart sing? ALL THINGS FRENCH!!!

Bises, Anita

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

I love to shop too! And good question...I think that if you lost me in Paris you would probably find me in a boulangerie or other cake/bakery shop! Love this post.

Paris Pastry said...

What lady doesn't like to shop? You would find me at a famed patisserie or at the Printemps!

Kellie Collis said...

If I'd be lost in Paris, you might never find me since I'd be moving from shop to shop and place to place! Enjoy a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

You might find me in this little teashop ..http://ipreferparis.typepad.com/i_prefer_paris/2007/09/le-loir-dans-le.html

Le Loir dans Le Theiere.. or maybe Malongos in Rue St Andre des Arts ..

http://www.a-night-in-paris.com/what-to-drink-in-paris/paris-coffee/coffee-at-cafe-malongo.html

My friends in Paris go to both of these :-)

Or maybe wandering around Rue Cler .. or going for a Kir or Two.

The Armchair Parisian said...

If you couldn't track me down at the Porte de Vanves flea market I'd likely be watching the world go by over a sumptuous cup of cafe creme...

TK said...

I would defintitely be over at "shakespeare & co'...sipping a very good coffee if I was allowed!!!

"All things French" said...

Ah Yes! TK I can definitely see you over at
"Shakespeare & Co" flicking thru the pages of Flaubert's Madame Bovary~ or maybe Alexandre Dumas's Count of Monte Cristo in fact I may not be able to find you ~ It may be necessary only to follow the trail you leave behind.

Carla said...

I love wondering the streets of the Marais on the monday when it is quiet and just the locals taking in their garbage bins.. I love the windows, the fashion and the gardens of the HOtel Particuliers.. Divine . Carla

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Probably in a café avec mes amies, or wandering the streets, or taking pictures of people in the parks, or visiting the Monet exhibit at Grand Palais, or walking through St Ouen, or shopping at les grands magasins. Le sigh, wish I was there!

Bon weekend,
Genie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...