Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Je ne regrette rien......


~Edith Piaf~
It is 47 years ago, that the "little sparrow"
sadly lost her battle.

"Non, rien de rien, Non, Je ne regrette rien
ni le bien qu'on m'a fait ni le mal
tout ca m'est nien egal....

Non, rien de rien, Non, Je ne regrette rien
C'est paye, balaye, oublie,
Je me fous du passe!"
(it warmed my heart to see that after 47 years
people haven't forgotten this sweet lady.)


Nothing is more Parisian, than to hear
the beautiful low husky voice
of Edith Piaf !
She lived a tragic life but in the end
had this to say
~Je ne regrette rien~
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Now I can't get that song off my mind! I loved her even more after seeing the movie recently when she was portrayed by Marion Cotillard.

Such talent!
Debi

La Table De Nana said...

Did you see the movie?

I am singing while I am reading.. Love Marion Cotillard:)Did you take that pic? Wow~

"All things French" said...

Monique: yes, I did take the pic ~ I didn't realise what an emotional impact visiting this grave, would have on me. She was such a little battler who deserved better.

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Edith Piaf's story is such a moving one. She had such a beautiful, unique and strong voice for such a little lady! Thank you for sharing.

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

Her story is a touching, she is unforgettable. A nice tribute, well done!

Peter said...

There are some artists that you really regret not having been able to see perform on scene. Edith is certainly one of those! At least there are all the recordings.

Shell Sherree said...

Marion Cotillard was amazing in the movie ~ this photo makes me appreciate it even more. Such talent, yet such a troubled life.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Edith Piaf's story is so poignant and she had such a wonderful voice.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute to her and showing us the photo of her grave.

Hugs
Carolyn

Cezar and Léia said...

It's a beautiful homage!I like a lot this song!
Léia

My Carolina Kitchen said...

Her voice is so haunting. What a lovely tribute to a talented lady.

I hope I'll feel the same as she did when my time comes.
Sam

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Dianne, I think you really touched us with this story and the lovely photo of her resting place. I read that she is burried next to her only child, a daughter, who died at age two.

What a sad story of one with such talent.

myfrenchkitchen said...

I loved(love) Edith Piaf...and I love Marion Cotillard..Yes, I'm also touched by your post...a lovely tribute to a great personality!
ronelle x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...