Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

in an old house in paris...


Whilst walking around the backroads of the 18th arrondissment
I heard a guide explaining to her group that this house
was the house that inspired the story of that
little red-headed French orphan "Madeline"

"in an old house in Paris
that was covered in vines
lived twelve little girls in two straight lines
they left the house at half past nine...
the smallest one was Madeline"



described as charmingly impetuous
irripressible mischievous & precocious...
and left under the supervision of Miss Clavel!
who woke in the middle of the night
and proclaimed!
~Something is not right~



the actual house used in the Madeline films, was apparently

located in a small French village

..............

And as every Madeline story ends

~ and that's all there is - there isn't any more~

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Incredible! I used to watch that show as a child and I'm very excited to hear that there is a little bit of reality that it stems from.

La Table De Nana said...

Oh thank you for this tidbit of Trivia:) So cute!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Dianne, j'adore Madeleine stories. I had no idea of the inspiration for the character. Lovely photo of the "house."

Bises,
Genie

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Fascinating--reminds me that I want to buy a copy or two of Madeline books to start reading to my granddaughter.

Fun, fun,
Debi

My Carolina Kitchen said...

I didn't realize a house inspired the Madeline series. And a lovely house at that.
Sam

Vicki Lesage said...

I love that book! So cool to learn a little trivia about the house. I'll have to go on a walk someday to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...