Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Saturday, September 18, 2010

Favourite Metros in Paris...


Do you have a favourite metro in Paris?
I love this busy Saint-Michel station with the art-nouveau entrance
lots of action on the streets around and usually you'll be greeted by
sounds of music wafting up from one of the many
groups of buskers that frequent this station.


after riding the metro ~ one needs to partake of une petit cafe creme
before getting down to the more serious business of
shopping along the gorgeous Saint-Germaine &
Saint-Michel Boulevards
bien-sur!

Metro Abesses ~ is prettily decorated in the art-nouveau style
made popular by the designer Hector Guimard
this station still has its beautiful glass canopy
and walking down the stairs you can't help but notice the stunning
grafitti-art on the curved walls



I think my favourite of all is "L'Ecole Militaire"
I know it well ~like and old friend ~ it's on the purple line and
when I want to go over to the Place de la Concorde,
I just watch out on the front of the train
for "Ballard' et Voila!!

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Berit's fotoblogg. said...

Beautiful pictures:)
Wish I was there...

Have a great sunday.

Berit.

Mahon said...

Je découvre votre blog et vos très belles photos ! vos peintures sont belles aussi, j'aime voir mon pays a travers les yeux des autres, vous avez un talent pour mettre Paris en valeur ! J'ai apprécié vous lire et j'ai passé un agréable moment chez vous, je vais vous suivre avec plaisir...
A Bientot ! Mahon...
(http://redcat-albumart-som.blogspot.com)

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Dianne, it would be too hard for me to choose but another lovely entrance is Métro Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre with its two crowns of glass and aluminum.

The passageway/sorti of Métro Abesses with its historical mural up the neverending steps is wonderful.

Nice posting!

leftbanker said...

je vais vous suivre avec plaisir...

Moi aussi
. Your pictures make me homesick for a place I’ve never called home—not yet anyway. Where I live now is pretty great so for the time being I’ll settle for short trips north and your photographs. Merci beaucoup et j’espère plus de votre images.*

*I’m passing through my yearly phase in which I try to improve my French as I consider the eventuality of living there someday.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Great photos. Diane

Deja Pseu said...

I love the Abesses entrance, the Art Nouveau design just makes me sigh. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos!

"All things French" said...

Genie: I've never used the métro Palais Royal but the entrance sound lovely. I love travelling by le métro in Paris it's such a delight with the hustle and bustle and buskers playing their music!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

I love seeing all your photos and makes me want to pack my bags and go back to Paris.
Thank you for showing us your favourite Metro.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

la Brocanteuse said...

Metro Abesses ~ my favorite image.
thank you for your ever inspiring French images. xo Colette

SoozNooz said...

Soon to be photographing Paris myself - this makes me very exited!

x

Shell Sherree said...

If our train station entrances looked anything like these, I'd start taking the train. So lovely.

Eye Prefer Paris said...

hi
mine is Arts & Metier with the copper walls/ I do a feature on my blog Metro station of the month
http://www.ipreferparis.net/mtro_station_of_the_month/

Karena said...

Dianne, I love the colors that are so saturated in the city and the choices of transportation, so abundant!

I have a Giveaway by the French Basketeer that I think you will love!

Karena
Art by Karena!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...