Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, August 6, 2010

quaint & lovely rattan chairs.....


How quaint and functional are the lovely rattan chairs
found in almost all of the Parisian cafe's and bistros. I like the fact that
they are usually facing out to the street
ideal for people watching!!
"La Cremaillere" on the Place de Tertre
would you believe, first opened it's doors in 1926
I could have sat here for hours watching the artist
painting on the square.
I'll give this a 10/10 for people watching
(don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge them!
~on the pic below you can see the lovely detail work above the door)

From the bohemian & arty area of Mont-Matre
to the sophisticated and elegant Avenue Montaigne
The rattan chairs here are formed into a square
maybe ideal for business lunches - making those big important decisions
or deciding what to buy at "Christian Dior"
right across the Avenue




And onto the left -bank - and this bistro that serves modest meals
but is in a great location - near to La Seine -Notre Dame - and that
fabulous book shop "Shakespeare and Co"
.........................................................
the same rattan chairs.
some facing out - some in small groups for chatting
a mish-mash - but very comfortable and of an evening just the best
spot to sit and drink in the beautiful ambiance
of la belle Paris !!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Ooh I've never been able to make it to Shakespeare and Co...can't wait to the day I actually do. I'm sure I'll pull up a chair in a nearby café, new book in hand, and watch all the people passing by too :)

Cote Provence said...

That's what I love about Paris.... Beautiful pictures!

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Bisous

JM said...

These are some lovely shots of the typical cafés de Paris! Wonderful.

charmaine said...

Oh how I love those rattan chairs! You blog always takes me away! I truly enjoy your images and reading your post! This is just lovely. Those chairs are just beautiful! I see so many of them in peoples homes now and they look so pretty in their dining or kitchen nook areas. But I want to sit in one in Paris enjoying a cup of coffee and macarons! Thanks for sharing another group of fantastic photos. Hope your having a lovely weekend! :)

God Bless,
Charmaine

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Diane,
Lovely images of our favorite city! Le Depart is marvelous for people-watching, and has a unique mix of locals and tourists. The night a met my French honey, we went there for café adter dinner and talked and talked... So it will always a special spot for me...
Thank you for coming by to enter the giveaway, bonne chance.
Bon week-end,
Mimi

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

That is what I loved about Paris, sitting at the outdoor cafes and people watching.
I too like the way the chairs are facing out, why is it that in NZ they do not place the chairs out.
Have a great weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

puddinglane said...

Carolyn - I agree why don't they face the chairs outward in Australia - here in Adelaide we have a lot of sidewalk cafe's but they are all grouped around tables - Bad move!! people would stay longer and buy more if the chairs were out-facing
~Dianne~

puddinglane said...

Mimi:- how wonderful that you met your special man right here at "Le Depart" I couldn't think of a better place - drinking coffee and chatting away!
~Dianne~

Georgianna said...

What fun!! I wish I could sit down in one right now. As always, marvelous photos! Thank you so much for sharing. – g

Abby said...

i absolutely love these photos. They're making me want to travel!

Hippypoptimus said...

coucou grand-maman! j'adore ton blog!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...