Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pretty chambre d'hote in Provence.....



It's always a bit of a worry when booking accommodation on the internet

and so it was with more than a little trepidation that I arrived at this"

chambre d'hote in Provence"

Did I get the dates correct? the price right? does the host speak ~un petit peu Anglaise~

I need not have worried! all was in order and my host, a lovely french lady

made me feel instantly at home, with pretty silk slippers {supplied to all guests}

and the prettiest of bedrooms~ dressed in the most gorgeous fabrics.



The scrumptious breakfast included
freshly home- baked croissants and a variety of about
7 different types of bread.
I have never seen such a fabulous selection of top- rate French produce
from the very best cheeses ~ jams~ butter~locally grown fruits.
All served with genuine warmth & charm.


It was a joy to have spent time in a real french provincial home

images me
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

What a beautiful place to stay, all looks so comfortable and would be hard to leave.
The scrumptious breakfast table looks very yummy.

Happy September
Carolyn

Shell Sherree said...

It looks very welcoming and comfortable, Dianne ~ what a wonderful internet find!

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Gorgeous! Lucky you getting to stay there. And those slippers sound great too...

Do you have a website to book it through, I'd be interested if you didn't mind sharing it :)

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

*as in, sharing the details of the place.

SoozNooz said...

Sounds divine - internet finds are always a little worrisome. I worry about them too - i suppose there comes I time when things are as they seem - I am so glad it was. x Suzi

"All things French" said...

Brittany:) yes I'll e-mail you the address ~ it's definitely one to put in your {must do in France} note-book.
~Dianne~

Georgianna said...

How lovely and inviting! I definitely think staying in a home is the best way to go and so wonderful that this turned out well for you. Thank you, as always! – g

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Dianne, moi aussi, svp.

I have visited several friends in/around Paris and their homes tell much about the "way of life" in France. It is always a wonderful experience.

Definitely, this should go on "the list." Merci, ma chère amie!

ParisBreakfasts said...

Ah not so petit dejeuner in Provence...sigh
I am going back in spring specifically just for the breakfasts!!!
mon deux

Paris Pastry said...

Gosh, this looks perfect! The breakfast table looks amazing. Hmmm... what to choose? Hope you had a pleasant time in Provence!

Carolyn said...

Hi Dianne,
It looks like you picked a winner! The breakfast sounds good too.

Carolyn

La Table De Nana said...

The internet can be a blessing and a faux pas:) We had one faux pas in Italy..Slept with my clothes on.. kept my shoes on in the shower.
Rome..Frascati....There were many laughs.. but oh lala..Nothing like this beautiful accomodation~
We loved our breakfasts in France~

Kirsty said...

This is fantastic Dianne. I was wondering would you mind emailing me the website as well? I get people asking me all the time about nice places to stay when in Provence, and I of course don't know, as I already have a place to stay - my own!

Cheers,
Kirsty

Merle said...

Hi Dianne,

Just loved "all things French", I'm
feeling very envious of you. Maybe I'll get to Provence soon, could you share the website with me too?

Best wishes

Merle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...