Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, August 5, 2010

Musee D'Orsay.......


~Musee D'Orsay~
What a fabulous art gallery! and to think they have created this from a train station
I would have to say it's my favourite gallery to visit
and holds the best of the French impressionist paintings


~Rue de L'Abbe de L'Epee~
by Johan Jongkind

I'd never heard of this artist before, but loved his work
especially the little group chatting on the right
Do you think he's asking for directions or just saying
Bonjour mesdames ??


and of course visiting art galleries is strenuous work
and one needs a little sustinance!!
The food was fantastique and the waiters very charming!
Vous-avez un bonsoir Madame!!
oh la la ! must go back
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

I loved the Museums and Art galleries in France, could have spent hours looking around them.
I have not heard of that artist, but his work is lovely.

Hugs
Carolyn

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I have always wanted to eat at the cafe of the d'Orsay. Must put that on my list for next trip!


Debi

Haddock said...

Simply beautiful.
Like that work by Johan Jongkind.
Must visit this place when I am there.
Here there is a school which is held in old train coaches (I have a post by the name of Gurukul)

cote provence said...

Hi Dianne,
It is one of my favorite museums. Thank you for visiting me and your lovely comment. You have a great blog... Will be adding you to my blogs to follow. Je vous remercie.

XO

Lapin Agile said...

Wonderful blog merci!!

Genie said...

Dianne, I have not been for several years but just added it to my Word list with a link to this post. I have never eaten there and look forward to the experience.

Georgianna said...

Wonderful, Dianne! I have a beautiful photo of the d'Orsay hanging right here in our office that my husband took on his last trip to Paris (yes, e went without me – that won't happen again). Your wonderful photos have reminded me that I must get going on trip planning! – g

Linda said...

I have fond memories of Sunday Lunch in this amazing space with my Friend Penny on one of our winter in Paris trips Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...