Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Monaco-Ville"

click on photos to enlarge
Winding around the rugged cliff-top of Monaco-Ville
is this beautifully layed out garden of "St Martin"
I particularly loved the little bays with seats so that I could
sit looking out to the twinkling blue Mediteranean Sea



lots of different foilage !!



.... and what goes up has got to come downit's about 60 metres above the harbour
and I huffed and puffed -
but the view was definitely worth the effort.

I broke the tourist rule and sat down in a restaurant
at the top - for a tall glass of coke.....Big mistake!!!
(it cost about A$18.00 oops!!)
images - me

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

What a beautiful part of the world, thank you for sharing your photos.
I would say you deserved a drink walking all that way up there.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Shell Sherree said...

I admire you for making that climb, and the views are magnificent. Lucky you were sitting down for that $18 coke!

Genie said...

$18.00!!! I agree with Shell that you deserved it after your hike, but I probably would have chosen a "regional beverage." (wink)

Bon weekend!

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I just enjoyed this same view last month--so delightful. Missed out on that coke, though.... Guess it was a good thing! Wow!

Happy weekend,
Debi

BonjourRomance said...

Gorgeous photos, well worth the climb. The first image is my favorite. Monaco is beautiful, but you have to be careful when ordering...
Bon week-end,
Mimi

Georgianna said...

Amazing view, Dianne! Thanks for going all the way up for it. I would love to see that garden but now you've given me a taste of it! Have a great weekend. – g

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Bonjour Dianne

Haven't we all done that!!!
In fact we did it several times on our Riviera trip this time last year.
With temperatures in the 40's, and out walking in the midday son - well as the song says, "only mad dogs and English men go out in the midday sun" and that was us.

I love that garden and the thought of having somewhere to perch and rest sounds like heaven! I've added it to my list for next time!

puddinglane said...

I'm so pleased that you all think I deserved the A$18- coke after the climb. It was in Monaco and I should have known the consequences! I still love that beautiful ville - so classy!!

Kellie Collis said...

Yikes - i hope you enjoyed the coke! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...