Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Les Lavandes" .....


It was lovely to sit in the village square in Provence, and watch the little community
prepare for~ le diner~
each restaurant with it's own individual style and menu.

The pretty serviettes at this one aptly matched the name
~Les Lavande~


~traditionnelle provencale fare~About an hour later ~ all the seats were occupied by
French families enjoying their evening meal .
and I loved listening to the beautiful melodious accent
of ~Les Francais~

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

I love the little pots on the tables, too ~ lavande and rustic go beautifully together.

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Beautiful post...the link to the lavander fields and the tall serviettes is nice

The Armchair Parisian said...

Makes me just want to pull up a chair... ::le sigh::

Genie said...

I think that I could be a daily occupant of one of those chairs! What a lovely scene!

la Brocanteuse said...

I wish I could sit there , now, RIGHT NOW!! looking out over the square, planning tomorrow. thank you for sharing. love Colette x

A Tale of Two Cities said...

How I wish I was dining there tonight! Dining al fresco here in Houston just does not work in August. Take me back to Provence....

Debi

Draffin Bears said...

Your photos are lovely Dianne and what a fabulous little outdoor restaurant.
I too found it very exciting, eating out while we were in Paris and listening to all the voices around.

Hugs
Carolyn

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dianne what a great post. Loved my vist and now am your newest follower.
I found you from sweet Carolyn's site and your blog name caught my attention and had to check you out.
Glad that I did and looking forward to visiting again
Maggie

Georgianna said...

Oh, Dianne, this is pure heaven. I SO want to go there and you've inspired me even more. Wonderful images! xo g

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...