Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Avenue des Champs-Elysees.....


I think that Avenue des Champs-Elysees is the most beautiful Avenue
in the entire world
jam packed with the most fabulous selection of shops
from Louis Vuitton selling fabulous leather and avant-garde fashion ~ so divine!!
to the beautiful little "Annick Goutal" boutique selling the worlds prettiest perfumes
{petite cherie~ gardenia passion~ and the exquisite Eau d'Hadrien}
to big name car show-room like Renault and Peugeot
yes I'll take one of each!


dotted along the really wide pavement are bistros ideal for snacks or lunch
on this day I visited "George V" it was very hot but the staff were
quick to get me seated on a lovely shaded rattan chair facing out to the street
and it wasn't long before a long cool drink was delivered to my table.
most of all I loved this spot for just sitting and people watching -some tourists
but many Parisians out and about



~ Champs Elysee by Antoine Blanchard~
This painting shows the Avenue in the 1930's
even then it was bustling with fashionably dressed monsieurs and madames
~ tres elegant ~



Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

So beautiful ~ I'd do my level best to be fittingly elegant.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

What a great shot of an exclusive café. I love the composition with the oh-so-French guy with the required striped shirt and the little glimpse of the Velib on the left while madame enjoys her café!

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

I think it's the most beautiful street in the world too! I just wish I had all the money to buy those beautiful avant garde fashions that they show..

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I am weeping...Most perfect of Avenues indeed.

Cheers Dianne xx

Coté Provence said...

It is the world's most beautiful and famous street. Just sitting in a restaurant and people watching is the best! Thank you, again, for another lovely post!

xo

vicki archer said...

It is an amazing avenue....the scale alone is enough to take your breath away...xv

A Tale of Two Cities said...

The Champs Elyseées--one of my favorite streets in the city--especially at night. When all else is closed, there is still life going on. Lots of wonderful memories there--especially the view at Christmas time.

Debi

Europewalker said...

I love this street, I've been there at Christmas time and it was so lovely, can't wait to go back for another visit.

Brenda said...

Your right this is one of the most beautiful streets! I have enjoyed going through your blog and thank you for following mine.
Paris is absolutely breathtaking and I am thrilled to spend the next few years here. It is definitely a charming place to be!!

Take Care
Brenda

Carla said...

Yes, the Champs Elysees is magic especially at Christmas with the lights and the atmosphere of Paris. Wonderful. Carla

Tilly Rose said...

Hi
A newbie here to your lovely blog!
We've just returned from France for our hols. Paris captured my heart absolutely....we walked down the avenue...so beautiful.
Would love to see it at Christmas time!
If you have five mins pop over and say hi...
www.tillyroseblog.blogspot.com

Karen x x x

A House and Home said...

My favorite memory of the street is walking down it for the first time, in the miserable, pouring rain...with my friend teaching me the words to the song..."aux champs elysees...au soileil, ou sous la pluit, a midi ou a minuit, il y a tous que vous voulez aux champs elysees!" great memory of not letting the rain get to us!

"All things French" said...

"A House and Home" :) What a great song to be singing on your way down the Avenue - I must remember that when I'm walking in the rain
~Dianne~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...