Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Peugeot"....200years


2010 celebrates 200yrs of Peugeot .
They first commenced manufacturing flat steel saws
then coffee & pepper mill mechanisms -bicycles and motorcycles
and in 1891 they produced their first automobile.
What a fabulous story
.
Don't you love some of their early cars ?
~ I love the red one~ it's a 1913 Bebe (Baby) so cute!
and caused a sensation at the "Paris Motor Show"
little wonder!


They were quite happy to let me go for a spin -
as long as I didn't leave the blocks of course!


A browse through their gift boutique on ~Avenue des Champs Elysee~
never leaves me empty handed
you can find a fabulous selection of beautiful wooden box coffee grinders
plus salt & pepper mills of all shapes and colours
note the little s & p on the base of mine
~very discreet~



1905 Lion Type VA
was a very popular model and could reach up to speeds of 40km/h
Wow! now that bit of information is for the car buffs
but I must say it looks impressive

Well done Peugeot !!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Great post and thanks for sharing.
Happy 200 years to Peugeot ~ I have a Peugeot pepper grinder, they are good.
We went to the Le Mans car museum when we were over in France, the French were so talented in their car manufacturing.

Happy Wednesday
Hugs
Carolyn

Indie.Tea said...

How cute their cars are....but all I have that is Peugeot is my little pepper mill :)

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Oh wow, thanks for sharing that amazing history! I love a peugeot :D

ParisBreakfasts said...

who knew?
coffee & pepper mill at Peugeot!
WOW I could use one too

Shell Sherree said...

Well, there are a couple of "something news" here for me today! And I'm with you on the very charming Bebe. What a beauty!

Genie said...

I did not know that they made pepper mills! My mom and dad had a Peugeot forever and just about ran the wheels off of it!

Ladyulia said...

I think
I just found a lovely blog
:D
like it
visit mine :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...