Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rue Montorgueil...


Another of my favourite market streets in Paris
is this fabulous pedestrian- only street, devoted almost entirely to the basic instincts
of hunger & thirst
definitely my sort of street!


How beautifully are les fruit & les legumes arranged
little wonder that I was gently reprimanded for
touching the tomatoes!

Non Non Madame! - ne toucher pas le tomate, s'il vous plait.
I learnt my lesson quickly & did not repeat offend.
I found the same rules didn't apply when buying
at the street markets
every-one was prodding & checking the produce
to ensure they purchased the very best. !!


Moules et Frites - Mussels & Chips
very tasty !!

images me
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

FireintheBreeze (Brittany) said...

I love how beautifully arranged the supermarché is, and the vibrancy of the yellow and red. I always get very jumpy though when shopkeepers reprimand me..I feel terrible!


Just want to say thanks for your comments on my tart post..and glad the croissants were delicious. You could also try cooking some cottage cheese and ham inside or cottage cheese and a dried apricot! Lots of variety, just as you said.

la Brocanteuse said...

Moules et Frites....my absolute favorite!
thank you for sharing lovely pictures. Colette x

Genie said...

Lovely pictures on your blog, Dianne.

Thanks for your kind words on my new blog. I am amazed at the talented writers and photographers who share their love of place.

I will visit often!

Jacob said...

So very lovely. We missed this when we were in Paris! Darn! But there is so much to see and we had only a week! We'll be back. I love Paris!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...