Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rue Cler...in the 7th


Rue Cler in the 7th arrondissment is a fab foodie street which still has it's original cobblestoned street.
Patisseries-boucheries & chocolate shops abound
- it is on this street that I first tasted that fabulous creamy blue cheese "St Agur"- which comes from the mountainous Auvergne region - eaten with a crisp juicy slice of pear it is truly one of life's taste sensations !!





A lot of people seemed to use these Velo for getting around the 7th - apparently they were introduced into the City by the current Mayor ( Bertrand Delanoe) - to try and minimalise the congestion of traffic.
I really hope it's working, because Paris is a very walkable and cycle friendly city.

images me
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Rue Cler my favourite street, couldn't get enough of it, when I stayed in the 7th last year, for just over two weeks. No matter how tired I was at night, always ended up there.

Also went there in May, had lunch with a great friend of mine :-)

Jacqueline said...

Love the idea of the rent-a-bike. Toronto could benefit hugely from this idea!

FireintheBreeze (Brittany) said...

oh I miss those parisian bakery windows.

puddinglane said...

Anne... yes it's foodie heaven - we stayed there for 1 week last year and that boulangerie in the photo was about 2 mins walk from the appartement.

Jacqueline... this bike thingo is fantastik - free for the first hour and you can drop the bike at any of the velo sites - you don't have to take it back where you picked it up from. great for locals.

Brittany - yes I miss those scrummy windows -I could spend a whole holiday just window shopping.

The Armchair Parisian said...

The second time (and third) that I went to Paris I stayed on rue Champs du Mars which intersects with Rue Cler. Very nice area indeed.

The Armchair Parisian said...

The second time (and third) that I went to Paris I stayed on rue Champs du Mars which intersects with Rue Cler. Very nice area indeed.

Kellie Collis said...

Delicious food! I hope you are having a delightful weekend! Kellie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...