Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gustave Caillebotte...


Whilst visiting "Pere Lachaise Cimetiere"
I came across this lovely family site
belonging to the Caillebotte family



Gustave Caillebotte - self portrait
he was born into an upper-class Parisian family
and alligned himself to the "French Impressionist Movement"

wasn't he handsome !!



"Woman at dressing Table"
I particularly like this painting because of it's
lovely soft colourings.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Genie said...

Dianne, I have been many times to PL and it never ceases to amaze me the new discoveries and stories. Love the impressionists and special thanks for the "Woman at dressing Table." It is lovely

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour,
Thank you for coming by to visit. Now I have found your beautiful blog. Caillebotteis one of my favorites. I"m a new follower and will be back again soon.
Good week to you,
Mimi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...