Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Clafoutis... Apricot or Peach or Cherry.....



One of my favourite french desserts is Clafoutis
Originating from the Limousin region in france
it was originally made using cherries with the pips still intact
which was supposed to impart a richer flavour.
I'm sure if I ate it this way I'd end up with a trip to the dentist!!!
...................................
The pic above is of an individual apricot clafoutis
served at a long lunch in Provence last year
C'est delicioux!!




The recipes were originally designed to use fruit in season
topped with a pancake type batter
and served with fresh farm creme
..................................................
.. Peach clafoutis made with freshly picked peaches from my garden
is a taste to the culinary senses!
Miam! Miam!

What is your favourite clafoutis?
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

FireintheBreeze (Brittany) said...

Clafoutis is definitley a wonderful French sweet. I like apricot clafoutis :D

TK said...

oh cherry is my favouritest...but apricot & peach are also mighty delic!!!!

Draffin Bears said...

One of my favourite desserts, and I like cherry the best.
Your photos look divine and making me feel hungry.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Georgianna said...

I'd have to say peach but your photos make all of them look incredible! Thanks so much for your visits – love your David Austin photos, too. xo – g

Paris Pastry said...

Can you believe I've never had a clafoutis?! But I think cherry would be my favorite! Now I have to try it!

puddinglane said...

that makes 3 cherry 1 peach and 1 apricot calfoutis - I'd better get cooking !!!
Thanx for your comments
Dianne xx

ParisBreakfasts said...

What restaurant in Provence?
It's closer than Australia...
miam-maim

puddinglane said...

Bonjour Carole - you can get the best ever clafoutis at "Le Clos de Patre" just ouside Caromb in Provence. believe me it's worth the plane trip. Definitely Miam!

Genie said...

Wow! These look fabulous! I would only want them without the "pips" as you say. Merci!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...