Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beach Clubs & Rhubarb ice-cream


Strolling along La Croisette, Cannes' most famous boulevard
I was curious, as to how the different beach clubs operated.
upon enquiry I found out that it works some-thing like this.
one pays an amount of money mainly depending on where the
lounge chair of choice or availability is situated.
Front row - most expensive
Back row - least expensive
Beach clubs with a pier - as above - are more expensive
towels are usually provided and each club has it's own restaurant/drinks bar
at the back .
This begs the question - would I pay money to use one of these facilities
and the simple answer is YES !!
for a day out at the beach taken in relative comfort !!
and a nice little water bath to wash the sand of my tootsies
I would part with my hard earned cash.
What about you ??


A quaint little island lies just off shore and children were having a ball
swimming out to it and then yelling back to their Mum's on the shore.
venez! venez!


Sandwiched in between Christian Dior and Bruno,
on La Croisette
is a petit ice-creamery, selling the most delicious selection of home-made ice-creams
I chose my favourite Rhubarb
and then wandered over to pull up one of those vibrant Matisse- blue chairs
the perfect spot to while away a sunny afternoon
looking out onto Plage Martinez
and watching the beautiful people do what they do best
Enjoying "LesVacances"
C'est la vie !!

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Definitely your day on the beach is enhanced by paying for the extras that go along with a private beach. The service, the chairs, the towels--it's a much better experience, I've found. We just did that in Nice a few weeks ago, and it was delightful.

Love the pictures,
Debi

FireintheBreeze (Brittany) said...

c'est vraie...c'est une vie très agreéable à la plage (et en france aussi!)

FireintheBreeze (Brittany) said...

*vrai

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello Dianne... I would certainly pay for this facility, just to know that you have a bit of comfort, and that is it your own space.

Pleased you liked the Oxford post.. The Keble college has a link on my page , to find out what sort of college it is. Oxford is home to many universites and colleges, all very old. Will try one day and visit some more for you.

Britt-Arnhild said...

Rhubarb ice cream. YUM! I've never even heard of it :-)

Genie said...

Okay, I'll have some of the ice cream, too! I love the blue chairs.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Oh yes, I would be there in a flash, to escape our winter here and would be happy to pay for the extras.
What a lovely beach photo and I see a Cruise ship in the background.

Hugs
Carolyn

charmaine said...

Hi Dianne!

You betcha, I would pay the extra! From the sounds of your experience, I see it's worth it. You only live once, enjoy! I enjoyed reading this post and dreaming, wishing I were there with you. LoL! Love those chairs, the color is amazing. How was your ice cream? I'm sure it was delightful. The sandwich sounds good too. I'm glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing! And by the way Jade is a beautiful name indeed! :)

God Bless,
Charmaine

puddinglane said...

Yah! I'm pleased that you all agree with the -pay for a spot and a bit of comfort- bit. Here in Australia we have so many beautiful beaches that it would seem obscene - but on the glitsy French Riviera and on vacation Why Not!!

Georgianna said...

So much beauty to enjoy here! Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving such a sweet comment. Thanks also for the ID on the rose. I usually insist on identifying them before I shoot but driving around England every house is festooned with them and it's not always possible! Lovely to find your blog! – g

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The happy memories come flooding back!

Thank you Dianne! We were on the Riviera this time last year and were lucky enough to rent a villa v close to a relatively quiet beach - no lounge chairs or bar.

But in the more populated beaches I certainly take advantage of ALL the facilities!!

Kellie Collis said...

That food looks delicious... Can you feel all my jealousy!?

Thanks for coming by Ada & Darcy this week. Hope you are having a delightful weekend! Kellie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...