Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, June 28, 2010

"Creme Brulee and Rue Mouffetard"

Rue Mouffetard in the 5th arrondissement is awash with real foodie shops - we wandered into a petite bistro one evening about 7pm - ordered salad composee and creme brulee.
I must say this creme brulee was- to die for !! -the best I have ever tasted - all made and served by a sweet elderly lady and her husband.

On" Le-weekend" I tried to replicate her recipe in my own kitchen - it's all about getting that lovely crackling crunch as you pierce the caramel crust with the tip of a spoon
I think I succeeded!!
with-out the caramel crust - looks good but lacks character
Que Pensez-vous ??- Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

FireintheBreeze said...

:O
mon dieu!
I'm so excited about this post!!! I love rue mouffetard! i heard it was one of the oldest street in paris...is that true? what an enjoyable day you must have had.

bonne journée et merci!

Tish Jett said...

How lovely to meet you.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I love rue Mouffetard too, but I only visited it in May this year .. first time :-) It was great seeing new places.

I have yet to do my blog posts about Paris, so much to blog about lately.. I had to take a break as it was getting alot to do.... !

puddinglane said...

FireintheBreeze - yes! you would absolutely love "Le Mouff" - it's very narrow & rustic,with cobblestones - You feel like you've stepped back in time -it's foodie heaven.

Anne: May would have been a good time to visit. but any-time's a good time to visit Paree !!

Virginia said...

rue Mouffetard was my old stomping grounds last summer for a month. I love that place and had the great fun of visiting Sunday a week ago with friends. We watched the dancers and singers at the bottom of the hill, one of my most favorite Paris experiences.
V

Evelien said...

I love crème brûlée too. And that crackling crunch is so easy to make. It's just suger that you have to burn with a flame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...