Though we travel the world to find the beautiful

we must carry it with us or we find it not

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Buskers sur "Le Pont Saint-Louis"




This photo was taken in" L'Heure- Bleue" that beautiful soft evening light in Paris that seems to go on for hours. this group of "plus vieux parisien" were happily performing Blues music on the Pont-Ile-Saint-Louis.


I listened to them for about 30 mins before strolling across to Ile St-Louis for a delicious rhubarb ice-cream from Berthillon's Ice-creamery.


On my return they were still playing and the gem of a lady in the green dress and pretty croquet beret was still moving to the beat - she looked up at me after I had taken this photo and smiled - what a treasure !!

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Why yes this is the same lady and group! She even has on the very same dress and shoes! How delightful. i hope to run into them again this visit!
V

TK said...

rhubarb icecream....that sounds too scrummy!!! I also love "Lucetta"!!

Peter said...

Yes, this group (partly Americans) can be seen here and there! They perform very well and the lady is always there doing some dancing steps! Charming!

puddinglane said...

Virginia:
I hope so too! if you do take some pics of her - I'll be watching

TK:
yes scrummy is the word it's my favourite.

Peter:
yes, now that you mention it the older gentleman looks American

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...